Want to jump straight into the details of my ready made Australian ETF Portfolios? Go on then:
- Lazy Portfolio for Aussies
- Vanguard Australia ETF Portfolios
- All Australian ETF Portfolio
- ETF Bloke’s Portfolio
Otherwise let me show you how to put together your own ETF investment portfolio.
Building your own Australian ETF Portfolio
There are three key questions to answer when putting together your Australian ETF Investment Portfolio:
Question 1: What markets do you want your Australian ETF portfolio to include?
- Do you want to only invest in Australian Shares?
- How about exposure to International Shares?
- Do you want any Cash or Bond investments?
- Or maybe you want to focus your investment on Emerging Markets?
Question 2: What % of your Australian ETF portfolio do you want to allocate to each market?
- Should your split your portfolio evenly between International Shares and Australian Shares?
- Is allocating the same % of my portfolio to bonds as my age the right decision?
- Should I invest any money in Emerging Markets and Small Cap Stocks?
- How much should I keep in cash?
Questions 1 & 2 are known in the finance industry as ‘Asset Allocation’.
By now you have identified the markets you want to invest in and how much you want to invest in each market.
The last piece of the puzzle is then:
Question 3: What is the best ETF that invests in each market?
- Are the management fees too high?
- Does this ETF match equally with the market sector I want to invest in?
- How is the liquidity?
This last question I’ve made easy for you.
Check out my recommendations of the Best Australian ETFs for each market.